One of the ways Facebook tracks your activity across the web is with a cross site tracking pixel that's embedded in many of the social voting and sharing buttons you find on different websites. Fortunately, its fairly easy to block using a browser plugin:
- Disconnect FaceBook Tracking Pixel Extension . (Blocks Facebook tracking scripts).
- Disconnect Extension (Blocks multiple websites tracking scripts).
(Editors note we aren't affiliated in any way with the extensions listed above, so if you want to be a dick and attack them that's all on you.)
You should NEVER have the Facebook App installed on any phone you actually use, it tracks every call you make, every place you visit, every person you are near, and every website you visit.
See our other articles on blocking other tracking scripts and polluting your search history.
- All Websites: How To Block Social Media Websites From Tracking You
- Twitter: Block Twitter Tracking
- Twitter Ads: Block 9935 Twitter Advertisers with our Twitter Advertiser Block List
- Google Analytics: Block Google Aanalytics Tracking
- Google Search History: Pollute Your Google Search History
- Facebook: Block Facebook Tracking
- Block Ads: See fewer ads with AdBlock Plus