One of the ways Twitter tracks your activity across the web is with a cross site tracking script that's embedded in many of the social voting and sharing buttons you find on different websites. Fortunately, its fairly easy to block this script with a browser plugin:
- Twitter Disconnect Extension (Blocks Twitter tracking scripts).
- Disconnect Extension (Blocks multiple websites tracking scripts).
(Editors note we aren't affiliated in any way with the extensions listed above, so if you want to be a dick and attack them that's all on you.)
See our other articles on blocking other tracking scripts and polluting your search history.
- All Websites: How To Block Social Media Websites From Tracking You
- Twitter: Block Twitter Tracking
- Twitter Ads: Block 9935 Twitter Advertisers with our Twitter Advertiser Block List
- Google Analytics: Block Google Aanalytics Tracking
- Google Search History: Pollute Your Google Search History
- Facebook: Block Facebook Tracking
- Block Ads: See fewer ads with AdBlock Plus