The link below downloads a copy of our most recent version of our Twitter Shill Block list, it was last updated on 06/23/2019 and blocks 1365 likely Twitter shills and Attack Accounts, you can access the file directly using this bitly link http://bit.ly/blockshills.
For information on how to install and use the list see the Installation Instructions
This list is provided as is and you use it at your own risk, if it blocks an account(s) you wanted to follow, you assume all responsibility. This list was created manually, and the Twitter Corporation has no affiliation with this list or it's creation.
How To Install/Upload a Block List File
To use our block list follow the following steps:
- The file is named 'twitter-block-list-shills.csv' once you've dowloaded it, locate it on your computer and unzip it.
- Make sure you know how to find and navigate to the individual files, you'll need this information in Step 9.
- Log-in to your Twitter account, you must do this on a desktop or laptop computer, it won't work on a mobile device.
- Click on your account avatar in the top right side of the navigation bar. Choose 'Settings and Privacy' from the drop-down menu.
- On the left hand menu click the option labeled 'Blocked Accounts'.
- After the explantion paragraph on the right hand side is a drop-down selector labeled 'Advanced Options' click it.
- Click 'Import a List'.
- When the window opens up click the words 'Attach a file to Upload'.
- A file selector dialog box will appear, you will have to navigate to and select the file you want to upload. These are the files from step 2.
- The first file is named 'twitter-block-list-shills.csv' once you navigate to the files location click on it.
- The file selector dialog box will disappear, and you'll now see a 'Preview' button in the lower right hand corner, click it.
- It will take the entries from the list you just imported and compare it against the accounts you're already blocking.
- If you get an error message that says 'No valid user can be imported from this .csv file' it means you are already blocking all of the accounts in this file (Twitter error messages suck).
- The dialog box will update and tell you how many new accounts you will be blocking if you import the entire list.
- You can manually unselect any accounts you don't want to block.
- If you want to block everything leave all of the accounts selected.
- Click the red button in the lower right corner that says 'Block'.
- Twitter will start blocking all of the accounts you just imported in the background. If you are blocking hundreds or thousands of new accounts it may take a while. You don't have to do anything Twitter will take care of all the blocking in the background.
- Click the 'Done' button in the lower right corner.
- The block list file is updated regularly so check back periodically for updates.
- You don't have to visit the website to get the latest file, you can use this Bitly link http://bit.ly/blockshills and the file will download directly to your computer.